Episode 19: Put Your Heart and Soul Into What Gives You Purpose, with Yanik Silver
Yanik Silver redefines how business is played in the 21st century at the intersection of more profits, more fun, and more impact.
He is the founder of Maverick1000, the Co-Founder of Maverick NEXT and is often referred to as the Catalyst for Catalysts.
Yanik is also a member of the Transformational Leadership Council and serves on the Constellation board for Virgin Unite, the entrepreneurial foundation of the Virgin Group and the Branson family. His lifetime goal is to connect visionary leaders and game changers to catalyze business models and new ideas for solving 100 of the world’s most impactful issues by the year 2100.
In between checking off items on his Ultimate Big Life List, he calls Potomac, Maryland, home with his wife, Missy, and two mini-maverick adventurers in the making, Zack and Zoe.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Reflecting internally and finding out what gives you purpose
- How your life changes through the books you read, the materials you study, the people you meet, and the experiences you have
- Just in time mentors: the mentors that help you get to the next step that don’t need to mentor you forever
- Why you need to have a deep alignment of values with your mentor
- How to find mentors and what to do so they’ll want to mentor with you
- What makes for a bad mentee and how to avoid this when you find a mentor
- The journey it takes to find what truly motivates you — and — once you’ve found it — why you have to put your whole heart and soul into it
Ways to contact Yanik: