Episode 70: Finding Investors, with Colin Sprake
Colin Sprake is a four-time best-selling author and mentor to well over 50,000 entrepreneurs!
Colin has built several different million dollar businesses within 6 months. He has over 30 years of business experience having come from the mining industry to building his own multi-million dollar businesses from the ground up.
A dedicated teacher, Colin is the Master Trainer at Make Your Mark Training and Consulting and is devoted to people achieving huge success in their businesses. His purpose is to assist business owners to dramatically improve the number of businesses that succeed. After all, failing businesses affect us all in negative ways.
Using decades of business experience, Colin speaks and trains on a wide variety of topics for corporations, organizations & associations. Colin Sprake is all about delivering what is required to achieve the desired result and holding you accountable for your own success.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The four things investors care about: how much money you need, how the money is protected, what their ROI will be, and what their exit strategy is
- Why it’s important to clearly explain what you’ll use their investment for, and why financing for order fulfillment is the easiest investment to get
- Why you should secure their investment through personal guarantees or other strategies so that they feel safe investing in you
- Why you should avoid offering equity in the company, and why 8% interest returns is a good first offer
- Why providing clarification on how and when investors will get their money back out is an important step
- Why you should always ask for more time and money than you actually need, and why you should only use an investment for its stated purpose
- Why it’s a mistake to use your operating capital as growth capital, and why investors aren’t funding your lifestyle
- Why you should attend one of Colin’s upcoming speaking events and meet Colin in person
- What plans Colin has for the next few episodes of MYM Your Business: The Brutal Truth
- Why confidence and a one-page summary document are the keys to effectively convincing investors to take a chance on you
How to contact Colin Sprake: