Episode 43: The Secret to Success in Business and Life, with Bobbi Deporter
Bobbi DePorter is president of Quantum Learning Network producing SuperCamp summer enrichment programs now with 75,000 graduates and programs in 19 countries; and Quantum Learning Education, with programs for teachers, administrators, students, and parents. QL has trained over 100,000 teachers and through these programs and the 8 Keys of Excellence movement, has impacted more than twenty million students over the last 30+ years.
It all began when Bobbi studied with the renowned Bulgarian researcher Dr. Georgi Lozanov and implemented his methods into a humanistic business program which she co-founded called the Burklyn Business School. Students experienced learning as joyful and meaningful–not as they had experienced learning previously–and they wanted a similar experience for their children. This led to SuperCamp, teaching unique learning and life skills to teenagers in a fun, dynamic way.
Along with Stedman Graham, Bobbi is the co-founder of CAYS Community Alliance for Youth Success. She is the author of over a dozen books including recently released Excellence in Teaching and Learning: The Quantum Learning System. Bobbi is the recipient of the San Diego Women of Influence Lifetime Legacy award, the Global Presence Humanitarian Award from Parenting 2.0; and was on Fast Company Magazines Fast 50 list of leading creative thinkers.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How ordinary men and women can become extraordinary business owners
- How to teach children and young adults how to learn
- The importance of providing children with a good education when it comes to personal finances.
- How to encourage children to find their own voice in the world and feel confident and good about themselves
- How to engage students, connect with them, and provide them with a safe and nurturing environment that encourages them to participate
- The importance of reminding students to practice the skills they have learned and apply it to all aspects of their life
- How students will feel safe to participate in the world once they know who they are, where they stand, their principles and values, and what’s truly important to them. Students need to develop a strong core and allow this core to guide them
- How to find true fulfillment and passion comes from serving others with one’s work
- The importance of focusing on people and the dollars to make money
Ways to contact Bobbi:
- Website: www.SuperCamp.com