Episode 88: Playing to Your Strengths, with Colin Sprake
Colin Sprake is a four-time best-selling author and mentor to well over 50,000 entrepreneurs!
Colin has built several different million dollar businesses within 6 months. He has over 30 years of business experience having come from the mining industry to building his own multi-million dollar businesses from the ground up.
A dedicated teacher, Colin is the Master Trainer at Make Your Mark Training and Consulting and is devoted to people achieving huge success in their businesses. His purpose is to assist business owners to dramatically improve the number of businesses that succeed. After all, failing businesses affect us all in negative ways.
Using decades of business experience, Colin speaks and trains on a wide variety of topics for corporations, organizations & associations. Colin Sprake is all about delivering what is required to achieve the desired result and holding you accountable for your own success.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why our school system teaches us to become better at the things we aren’t good at, rather than teaching us to excel at the things we’re already good at
- How to determine whether you’re doing things that aren’t in line with the value of your time
- Why it is important to recognize your own strengths and weaknesses so that you can lean into your strengths
- How Colin hires new people at Make Your Mark, and how he uses the DISC profile and Sacred Gifts to determine their strengths
- Colin shares an example from his own team of moving people into their strengths rather than forcing them to do things they don’t want to do
- Why doing things that play to your strengths allows you to feel energized and excel in your role as a leader
- Why it is helpful to partner with someone who has different but complimentary gifts than you
- Why personality profile tools and assessments are useful for helping you discover your strengths
- Why doing a job that is less valuable than your hourly worth is actually costing your business money
- Website: www.mymyourbusiness.com