Episode 65: Dealing with the Growing Pains of a Rapidly Growing Business, with Rebecca Brettingham-Filice
Rebecca Brettingham-Filice is the owner and artistic director of Dance Extreme Inc. located in London, Ontario, Canada. Teaching and managing the studio since inception in 1997, Rebecca has taught many students. With over 700 students attending the school annually, she is kept busy with her 30+ faculty team.
She is a certified instructor with Dance Educators of America and Dance Masters of Canada, Chapter #38 where she sits on the board of directors. Rebecca has adjudicated for a number of dance organizations, competitions and has taught at various workshops throughout Canada and the United States. Rebecca’s students have attended and are currently attending professional schools of dance and theatre in Canada and the United States. A number of Rebecca’s students are currently working professionally and are involved in dance instruction. In 2012, Dance Extreme was honoured to perform at the Summer Olympics in London, UK.
Rebecca joined Make Your Mark with the first group of students in April 2016 and part of the first Ontario Kap-it groups. In December 2017, Rebecca joined the Make Your Mark team as a Kap-it Facilitator in Ontario. In September 2018, Rebecca launched Business for Dance Studios to assist and educated dance studio owners on becoming more profitable while gaining more time for themselves.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why Rebecca decided to start a business as a dance teacher, and how her business has grown exponentially
- Which mistakes and learning opportunities Rebecca experienced during the rapid growth of her business
- Why moving into a larger space caused Rebecca unforeseen difficulties and renovation expenses
- Rebecca’s advice for businesses looking to grow, expand and renovate their properties
- What lessons Rebecca learned growing up in a family of entrepreneurs and entering the world of business
- Why Rebecca believes it’s important to continue learning and developing your personal growth as a business professional
- Why open-mindedness and a willingness to experiment are crucial for helping your business stand out from the competition
- Which key things have helped Rebecca find success in her entrepreneurial journey
- What plans Rebecca has for the future development of her dance studio business
How to contact Rebecca Brettingham-Filice:
Upcoming Free Events: